ISO529 HSSG Hand Screw Machine Taps
ISO 529:2017 specifies the general dimensions of short machine taps and hand taps. These dimensions, established as functions of the thread diameter and pitch, are the following:
- length of thread (maximum);
- overall length;
- shank diameter and dimensions of the driving square;
- dimensions of the connecting portion between the shank and threaded part.
ISO 529:2017 is applicable to taps intended for cutting the following threads:
a) ISO metric threads:
- coarse pitch;
- fine pitch;
b) ISO inch threads:
- "Unified Coarse" series (UNC) and "Unified Fine" series (UNF);
c) Inch threads, non-recommended:
- "British Standard Whitworth" (BSW) and "British Standard Fine" (BSF);
- "British Association" (BA).